"I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth." Genesis 9:13

Monday, May 10, 2010

The Flight of the Hummingbird!

Good Morning!
Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Here is another card from Elements of Style... I saw a similar background done by Ann Schach and had to put my own take on it.

Did you know that a hummingbirds wings beat at about 60 to 80 beats per SECOND? Wow! And because they can rotate their wings in a circle they have the ability to fly backwards, forwards, up, down, sideways, and hover - the only bird that is able to do this! Is that not amazing?
And - the normal resting heart beat of a hummingbird is 480 beats per minute.... just imagine that little heart beating so fast!

I'll stop now - could give you lots more facts about these amazing little creatures but I won't.
Have a wonderful day ... hope you see a hummingbird or two today!

Blessings

Photobucket

No comments: