"I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth." Genesis 9:13

Saturday, June 23, 2012

TREASURES !

Good Saturday Afternoon!
I'm feeling some better today - actually went in the Craft Room and made a card .... and we are heading to friends for supper in a couple hours! All-in- all a good day!

I made this card using the peacock from the World Treasures set - Peacocks have a special place in my heart! My younger brother died from melanoma 16 years ago this fall. Prior to becoming ill he had a "bird farm" called the "Coo and Cackle" in Tantallon, Nova Scotia. He raised doves, homing pigeons, little birds, turkeys, and so much more. He also had some peacocks. These peacocks would strut their stuff, perch on a roof, and let their presence be known! Such beautiful birds! So - whenever I see a peacock I am reminded of Reigh! I will always miss him - as kids he drove me crazy but I'd give anything to hear him laugh and tease me again!

I used Midnight Muse and Daffodil Delight ... a piece of a Delicate Doilie Sizzlit; and lots of pearls!
I popped the sentiment - it's not easy to see that from this picture. And - I "free-handed" the daffy CS around the sentiment.
Thanks for peeking today! Have a great day!
Remember the weather forecast for today is - "God reigns and the Son shines"!
HUGS!
Ruthie

No comments: