"I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth." Genesis 9:13

Thursday, December 1, 2011

"Blue" Christmas

Good Morning!
The sun  is shining, it is 6 degrees C - AND - it is December 1st! Go Figure!!! Hubby has Christmas music playing on the TV - right now I'm listening to Elvis - thought this would be a good time to show you a "Blue Christmas Card" ...

This is a card we made at our last Christmas Card class - the Doily is versa marked and then embossed with white embossing powder .... LOVE IT!!!! After embossing we sponged layers of ink over the embossing. The little French Knot is made by tying a knot in a piece of ribbon and rather than using the flat part of the knot (which is what we usually do) we used the backside... pulled the ends of the ribbon thru a hole in the center of the doily and adhered them to the back of the CS. I saw this online somewhere weeks ago ... don't remember who to give credit to - but - "Girl you rock"!!! Love this and I know I'll be using this again and again... Enjoy!


The "Stamping French Knot" ...

Here is another "BLUE" card for you ... before I did any sponging I masked with a straight edge of scrap CS and sponged so that I would have a perfectly straight line to stamp the message under... I then sponged the hills and did a little light sponging for the sky; then stamped the image with Early Espresso. Don't you love this one? I do. It would look really nice with glitter added to it! Ummmm - next one!

Have a wonderful day!
Blessings and HUGS!
Ruthie

No comments: