"I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth." Genesis 9:13

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

UDI Color Challenge #18

Well! Here I am back with a second post today.
The weather sure has changed and I guess that storm is here! Who knew?
Anyway - In my daily "stampin' blog" visits I found this color challenge: Always Artichoke, Perfect Plum, Concord Crush, Very Vanilla - isn't this bouquet of flowers gorgeous? Almost makes me forget that it is snowing outside!
I decided to make a card for this challenge and here it is!

The picture doesn't do it justice, for sure! I didn't have any AA ribbon so I dyed a piece of white organza with sponge and ink .. gotta love that. Did some sponging, embossing, layering, embellishing - and there you have it? You can't see by the picture but I layered each mat...

Fairly often I will complete a card and it just isn't what I had pictured in my mind ... that is what has happened with this one. I think it needs White and Old Olive instead of the colors I used .... so sometime today I will make another one - the same but different!!! Ever done that? Oh, I bet you have!
For now...
Stay warm, stay safe!
((((hugs))))
Ruthie

1 comment:

whitneymaryann said...

Ruthie -- Although the photograph maybe doesn't do justice to the actual card and it's not what you had pictured, it looks like the perfect peaceful card to send to someone who really needs to rest in God's beauty, even if for only the moment that they get the card and read what I'm sure would be an inspirational note inside.