"I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth." Genesis 9:13

Friday, September 2, 2011

Summer Solstice

Hi Stampers!
It's another gorgeous day out there!!!

I made a card this morning using the "new-to-me" set called Summer Solstice.... "Solstice" means the two times of the year when the sun is at its greatest distance from the equator - about June 21 and December 22. Just thought I'd share that little piece of trivia with you this morning! :0

Here is the card... Used Lucky Limeade CS and some scaps that were sitting on my table. I versa marked the butterfly on this CS and glittered the center of the flowers. This actually started out as a "goof" - I stamped the Eggplant flower and one of the petals didn't get inked or stamed properly ... so I decided to cut it out, stamp a couple more flowers, and hide the goof! Gotta love that! :) All 3 flowers are popped.

 On the inside I VersaMarked the butterfly on the CS and 2nd generation stamped it in LL ink on the Whisper White piece -
 Here are the glittery flowers! Aren't they pretty?
Thanks for stopping by today!
I'm heading to town shortly - hoping to enjoy some of this sunshine!
Blessings and HUGS!
Ruthie

No comments: