"I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth." Genesis 9:13

Monday, October 17, 2011

Beautiful Season - again!

Hello Everyone!
We have had a gorgeous weekend and day today ... what a blessing that has been!
This is post # 496 for me on this blog! I'll probably forget to acknowledge # 500 so thought I'd better say something today! LOL! :) That is amazing.... what a journey this has been! I'm lovin' it!

So here is post #496 - another Beautiful Season. I tried an old technique for the background of the focal stamped image - take a clear block and ink it up with a light colored ink - in this case I used Bashful Blue; stamp it on white or vanilla CS (I used Whisper White) and then stamp your image on it in a darker ink (Pacific Point). I then lightly semi-colored the image with markers... cut it out - matted and popped on the card. I used a piece of the In Color DSP. The ruffled ribbon is done by placing a piece of sticky strip down and then taking a length of ribbon and scrunching and twisting as you go along the sticky strip... sooooo pretty!


Here is the ruffled ribbon - I probably used way more than necessary - this is very dense - but I like it! :)

I purposely used a block that was a bit smaller than the image so I could stamp off the border - thus cutting around the border with part of the image extending outward. You can see that the background is just a bit "muddy" rather than stark white! While I was playing I made some samples in other color combos ... I'll show them to you later this week!
Thanks for peeking in today! Love to have visitors!
HUGS!
Ruthie

No comments: