"I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth." Genesis 9:13

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Timeless Treasures

Good Afternoon....
The house is sooooooo quiet - the girls have gone skating with friends and won't be home til supper time.... so I thought I would take this time to post a card - it will be my last post until after the weekend! :)

I have looked - many times - at the stamp set "Timeless Treasures" .... and have thought to myself, "How will I use this if I have it?" Usually my answer to self is .... "Can't see it right now but you'll find a way." So I FINALLY broke down and purchased this set -
Here are 2  cards I made last week -
I really wish I had used lace on this first one .... but had none on hand so this is what you get! :) Don't you love that old shoe? :)

Here is the inside with dsp and the old teacup - I have just a few of my moms old teacups - you can see some of them if you go to http://peaceinthepieces.blogspot.com/ and look for May 17, 2009

Here is card number 2.... I have an old chair that looks similar to this (minus the arms) that was part of a dining room set belonging to a great aunt of mine. I take great pleasure in these "old things"! .....

However, I have come to learn over the years that the truly important things to me in this life are my family and friends..... and there really are no better antiques than old friends!
On that note  - to all you oldies who have been with me since the beginning of this blog - I thank you and I treasure you!

Blessings on each one!
Ruthie

No comments: