"I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth." Genesis 9:13

Monday, March 14, 2011

Two Challenges In One Card!

Hi everyone!
I love to do this ... incorporate 2 challenges in one card. It makes me go outside the box for sure! so today ... Monday - Mojo Monday always has a new challenge for us. Today it was to use this sketch -
AND - on the weekend CR84FN challenged us to use this color combo on a card....
Now, I must say that when I saw these colors listed together I didn't think I could pull it off... the picture is gorgeous but could I find these colors in my stash of S. Up! paper to meet the challenge? Here is my creation for both of these challenges!


Inside the card....

So - what do you think? Did I make it work? I think so! I really like the finished card... and sometimes that doesn't happen so easily for me! I used Silver and Basic Gray for the "gray" ... not a color I use a lot of! Also used Basic Gray to stamp the frame and inside the card. The ribbon is Basic Gray; the "curly" stamp comes from a SAB set - Sweet Summer... I'm loving this particular stamp! And the DSP is from Paisley Petals ... I talked about the promotion for this DP and Frames in my post yesterday... you might want to check this out! :)

Hope you enjoyed your peek here today. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday is our Kreations Klub night ... can't show you the projects yet!!!! I will take some pics and post them later in the week!
Have a great week!
Hugs!
Photobucket

7 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

Ruthie, you definitely made this card work for our color challenge! FAB papers and I LOVE the big bloom. Pretty inside and out! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Deborah Frings said...

I think you pulled it off - great combination of challenges. The papers are fab and the big flower is beautiful. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Deb Hickman said...

You definitely pulled it off, it's gorgeous, the patterned paper you used is so striking. Thanks for playing along at CR84FN.xxx

Unknown said...

Lovely card, Ruthie! Great take on the mojo sketch and the cr84fn inspiration colors! So glad you joined us this week!

Andrea M said...

Pretty card Ruthie! Great job on this one! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!! Great take on the challenge colors!

Mona Pendleton said...

Ruthie, your card looks wonderful! Great use of patterned paper and I love the layered sentiment tag! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN :)

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Beautiful! I love that you also added beautiful details to the inside of your card! Thanks for joining CR84FN!