"I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth." Genesis 9:13

Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Golden Bird


Good Afternoon!
I have been very neglectful of this blog and my stamping - Card Klub met here last Saturday and I took some pics which I'll post over the next couple days!
In the mean time I have been finishing up my FIRST EVER RUG HOOKED piece! What a fun thing to do...something I have always wanted to try my hand at. TA DA! Here she is - the "Golden Bird"! There were only 2 students in the class which made it great for personal time with the teacher. Each one of us hooked the same pattern but in our own color schemes.
I will use this as a table runner in the Kitchen or on the small table in the Sunroom...Of course, I did my own thing! For example the small flowers on the ground, and the yellow on the tips of the buds; and my initial.

Yesterday I started my second piece - designed by me. It is a "doodle" of my own which I will adapt to an 18" x 15" piece. This is being hooked on linen while the Golden Bird was hooked on burlap.

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a blessed day... Remember to keep CHRIST in CHRISTmas!
Ruthie

No comments: