"I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth." Genesis 9:13

Monday, August 9, 2010

Clean and Simple!

And oh, so pretty!

I love making simple cards - last week I spent some time helping a gal get her craft room together - we hadn't finished the project ... but we had moved the "stampin' table" into the room and we just had to sit down and make some cards. LOL! I mean, after all! Too much work and not enough stampin' makes one crazy! :) Or so I think!
I'll show you a couple of the cards I made in a minute...

Take a peek at the picture under my header.... that night as I drove home, the sun was setting in the west... I hurried (as much as I dared) to get home quickly. Our deck looks to the west and we see magnificent sunsets. This was the first time this summer I had seen the sun so "on fire" - it looked like a ball of fire in the sky - of course, the picture doesn't do the real thing justice. It was awesome to see! Just another reminder of how glorious our Creator is!

Here are a couple of the cards I made....some Stampin' Up product used and some non S. Up!
When I first saw Nature's Nest I didn't like the seashell... thought it was too small to do anything with. However, I've changed my mind - woman's perogative, right? Here I masked the Melon shell and stamped a Crushed Curry one behind it.

Maybe this little bird needs a branch in his mouth?????

Here is another peek at that sun - I have this kids song running in my head now - "Sun, Sun Mister Golden Sun ....."
I rambled this morning, didn't I? Hope you have a wonderful day today and that the SON shines in your heart!
Blessings!
Ruthie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your cards are great, always nice to take a rest after working hard... :P