"I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth." Genesis 9:13

Friday, August 7, 2009

Two Challenges!

Here I am again today!
I actually stamped and did 2 challenges this afternoon. Well, I combined 2 challenges in one card! Madison went out with Grampie and I went to work in my craft room!

Challenge #1 - Color ThrowDown #54 - using Basic Gray, Blush Blossom, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust - definitely not a color combo I would have used before so it really was a Challenge for me!
Challenge #2 - Mercy's Sketch Challenge MTSC#33
I spent a lot of time on this card... primarily b/c I was trying to get the color combo to work for me... I quite like the end result!
Here are views of the outside and the inside:
I used the Scallop Oval Nesties - for the Vanilla piece I left the Nestie in place and sponged Really Rust ink in the center and then stamped the sentiment in Basic Grey ink; Basic Grey DP; Blush Blossom ribbon (not S. Up!)

On the inside I placed a piece of Blush Blossom edged with the punch; more DP and RR CS; a RR scallop and a quote from some DP I have from Our Daily Bread Designs
Hope you have had some creative moments today!
Blessings!
Photobucket

7 comments:

LeAnne said...

Ruthie, this is GORGEOUS! I would say that you pulled this off with a bang! What a beauty! Thanks for playing with us! Great way to combine the sketch and the colors...TFS!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fun card and great use of scriptures. Stunning job with the color throughdown challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Barbara said...

This is just beautiful!!! Love the way you combined both challenges!!! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

Cindy said...

This is beautiful Ruthie...Just love it!!! You have inspired me to get to my craft corner. I have lots to do so just may have to case your card!! Cindy Lou

Broni said...

Great combination of challenges! Your card is just beautiful! Love all the scallops and the use of the beautiful, simple sentiment!

Sylvia said...

Great card. I love the paper and how you used it. Thanks for playing.

Elise said...

What a beauty of a card! You did such lovely work with these colors! Fabulous job! I love the way those two rows of lace compliment each other: WONDERFUL!