"I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth." Genesis 9:13

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A Guest; and "Zentangle"

Wow!
This was a COOOOOOOLD one wasn't it?
And windy!!!
It feels good to be inside with the wood keeping me warm!
Here is a Christmas card we received today - clean and simple ... love this angel and babe embossed in gold!
Thanks Gary & Myra!
Have you ever heard of a Zentangle? [zen = relaxation; tangle = doodle] Don't recall how I happened upon this the other day but it has captured my attention ... I love to doodle. I cannot draw - am not an artist ... but "doodle I do"! I watched a few videos about using doodling in scrapbooking and card making, and decided to give this a try. I am making long full-year calendars for people - just a simple thing to add to a gift - can be used as a book mark - instead of covering the back with CS and embellishing I decided to "doodle" on them before I laminate.
I just had a blast doing this one! My first!
You may think I've gone a little around the bend but - hey! that's OK!
Zentangles are an art form and I intend to pursure this over the next few months - I'll keep you informed of my progress - or lack thereof! :)
Here is my first sample ---Hope you enjoyed your peek here today and had a little chuckle in the process! Merry Christmas!
Photobucket

No comments: