"I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth." Genesis 9:13

Monday, June 20, 2011

A Christmas Card... WHAT???

You are probably thinking I've totally lost it! A Christmas Card! In June!!!!
Well - I had to give it a shot ... when I saw this DSP paper from the new catty this particular sheet reminded me of snowflakes - although I didn't use snowflakes on my card .... :)

I used Concord Crush as the base CS - this is one of the "old" In Colors which will be staying for another year. Stampin' Up has added 5 "new" In Colors to make a total of 10... you are going to love them! The DSP paper is from "Cheerful Treat" which is a Hostess item in the new Catalogue. The sentiment is from the set "Word Play" - a set with 12 various sentiment stamps.


The flower is a new technique I learned from Dawn at "DOstamping with Dawn" - http://dostamping.typepad.com/  This technique uses satin ribbon; once it is curled onto a sticky piece of CS it is then heated with heat tool and voila! I love it! Place a pearl in the center and you have a pretty - unique - flower. No two will ever be the same!

Here is a close up of the flower and the DSP....
This is a card we will be making in our Klub get-together tomorrow night...
I hope you have a wonderful sunny day!
Blessings and HUGS!
Ruthie

No comments: