"I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth." Genesis 9:13

Thursday, September 10, 2009

PPA#7 and CTD#59

Hi!
I did 2 challenges this morning... in amongst other things!
The Color Throwdown Challenge was to use these colors - very "fallish" aye?
And the sketch was from Pals Paper Arts ...
I used Close to Cocoa as my background CS; used the Bright Blessings Wheel (I think I've mentioned before that when I got this wheel I cut it apart so I could use it with my acrylic blocks - it is soooooo versatile and I love it!); Pumpkin Pie ribbon. I think I will use this sketch again to make more Fall/Thanksgiving Cards.
Here is my card:


And here is the inside - I think I got carried away with the leaves! :)

Hope you enjoyed this peek today!
It's beautiful out there right now! At 7 a.m. it was 4 degrees - almost to freezing! What's with that??????
Have a good day!
Photobucket

8 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Ruthie, this is great! I love how you combined the two challenges. The colors are lovely with each other. This is one of my favorite stamp sets, and I really like how you stamped your background with it. Hey...don't let Teddie get too cold! Give him my weekly tummy tickle! (Missy the Boxer said she will eat an extra treat for him!)Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Margaret Moody said...

I love your card, Ruthie, and I'm so glad you were able to play along again at PPA! Great job combining the two sketches! I love your colors, but most of all, I love how you stamped your background paper!

Margaret Moody
margaretmoody.typepad.com

Terri Trotter Earley said...

LOVE all of your leaves and wonderful use of punches. Way to rock the color throwdown.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

dpkennedy said...

Great design! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

Lori said...

No way you did NOT get carried away with the leaves. They are fabulous. This is an awesome card. Love the colors, the layout ALL the leaves! :) Great job!

Denise Marzec said...

Pretty!!

Kelly said...

You didn't get carried away with the leaves at all - I love it. I always forget the inside of the card and focus on the outside. I love how you decorated the inside of the card!!!

Cheryl said...

Sooo pretty, I may be purchasing that stamp set soon....beautifully done!