"I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth." Genesis 9:13

Friday, April 17, 2009

A New Background Technique

Hi All!
Another sunny day!
If you look closely at the completed card you will see a background I made using pieces of rubber - placed them on an acrylic block in a random fashion; inked them with Chocolate Chip and then stamped on the Kraft CS - another way to achieve background paper without any expense! I'm sure you'll all have "pieces" of rubber left when you put your stamp sets together.... this is one way to use that up; another way is to cut them into small pieces and use these as "pop-dots". I used the set "Upsy Daisy" from Stampin' Up! to stamp the focal image. This is such a versatile set!

I decided to try something else with these rubber pieces on the block and here is the result!

I used 3 different colors: Pacific Point; Riding Hood Red; Kiwi Kiss ..... stamped them randomly on a piece of Whisper White CS and then cut it into pieces for various cards... I'll show you the finished cards at a later date! What am I going to do when these colors are gone!!!! :0
The Blue and Green have been my fav "In Colors" since I started with Stampin' Up!

Have a wonderful day! and a great weekend ... where does the time go? April is flying by!
Blessings and Hugs!
Ruthie

No comments: